Work with a Birth Injury Lawyer You Can Trust
Birth injuries are typically the result of errors made by medical personnel during the delivery of your child. Alternatively, improper or inattentive care immediately following birth can also have devastating, lifelong effects on your child's health and well-being. A birth injury lawyer at our Boise, ID, office can file a medical malpractice claim on your behalf to help you secure compensation for some of the costs required to provide your child with the care he or she needs. Our lawyers have successfully handled multiple birth injury cases and understand the devastating impact such injuries can have on our clients and their families. If your child sustained an injury during delivery, call one of our birth injury lawyers at (208) 343-7510 today.
Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can cause developmental delays for your child. They may also require a lifetime of treatments, therapy, and general medical care. While there are many possible injuries your child could sustain as the result of medical malpractice, some of the most common birth injuries include:
- Brachial Plexus and Erb's Palsy: These conditions can occur when a doctor or midwife uses excessive force to guide your baby through the birth canal.
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral Palsy can occur if your baby suffers even a small amount of oxygen deprivation during delivery.
- Shoulder Dystocia: This occurs when the baby’s shoulders become wedged within the mother’s pelvic bone and a medical professional uses forceful manipulation to dislodge the baby's shoulders.
- Brain Injury: During the delivery process, brain injuries are most likely to result from oxygen deprivation, forceful use of forceps or a vacuum, or the development of infant jaundice.
Some life-altering conditions can develop following delivery if medical professionals fail to observe and diagnose critical symptoms such as:
- Jaundice and Kernicterus: If your baby’s liver did not fully develop, jaundice can occur. If jaundice goes untreated, it can develop into kernicterus, which can cause brain damage.
- Hirschsprung’s Disease: If the nerve cells within the colon did not fully develop before birth, your baby could have Hirschsprung’s disease. If this condition goes undiagnosed, it can cause enterocolitis, which can be life-threatening.
Filing Your Birth Injury Claim
The Legal Process
If you believe your baby’s birth injury was caused by the negligence of a medical professional, we urge you to set up an appointment with one of our attorneys. We ask that you send your medical records to our office prior to your appointment so we can thoroughly review these documents. One of our attorneys will meet with you to discuss your case in more detail and review your legal options.
If you believe your baby’s birth injury was caused by the negligence of a medical professional, we urge you to set up an appointment with one of our attorneys.
As your attorneys, we will diligently pursue compensation for your child’s present and estimated future medical expenses. We will also seek compensation for your and your child’s psychological distress and any physical pain and suffering. Our attorneys have successfully settled multiple birth injury cases, with settlements in the millions of dollars.
Schedule a Consultation with a Birth Injury Lawyer
If your baby was injured during or immediately following delivery, call our office at (208) 343-7510 or contact Hepworth, Janis & Kluksdal online today to schedule your initial consultation. With many years litigating medical malpractice claims, our attorneys can help you secure the compensation you need to take care of your child.
Thank you for all that you’ve done for our family. You have been a blessing to us. Don’t know what we would do without you.S.H. & A.O.