An Experienced Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
A catastrophic injury has serious and long-lasting repercussions on the victim and their family. A catastrophic injury lawyer with Hepworth, Janis, & Kluksdal in Boise, ID, can help you and your family navigate through the legal process to better enable you to move on with your lives. These injuries typically occur suddenly and without warning, leaving a person suffering from debilitating symptoms for the rest of his or her life. Often, the victim's family also suffers tremendously, as they will have to provide care and make significant sacrifices in order to keep up with ongoing medical and other expenses while also coping with less household income.
Our personal injury attorneys have vast experience fighting for catastrophically injured victims and we are deeply dedicated to helping each and every client. We understand the impact these injuries can have on the victim and their family, and will take the time to get to know you and your unique situation. To schedule a free case review with one of our attorneys, contact our office today.
Why Hire an Attorney?
If you or a loved one has been in an accident resulting in catastrophic injuries, it can be difficult to focus on legal matters. However, it is imperative that a proper personal injury claim is submitted by an experienced attorney who knows how to navigate these complex legal channels. Our attorneys are very familiar with the personal injury claims process, and this vast experience can help guide you through this turbulent time. Our knowledge of catastrophic injury law can help ensure you receive the highest quality of medical care and subsequent support.
“Our compassionate and diligent attorneys have experience fighting for compensation for catastrophically injured victims.”
Personal injury claims in Idaho must be filed within two years of the injury. Therefore, it is important to enlist the help of an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Your attorney can help you gain compensatory damages for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of wages and impaired earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Non-economic losses may be limited by statute to approximately $325,000 unless your attorney can prove that recklessness contributed to your injury. Our firm has unparalleled success proving to a jury that the defendant’s conduct was reckless. You can depend on our attorneys to build the case necessary to help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can occur for a number of reasons. Some of the most common types of catastrophic injury include:
- Traumatic brain injury: This can result from playing sports, assault, slip-and-fall accidents, or car accidents. Trauma to the brain can have significant, irreversible effects on the patient.
- Multiple bone fractures: When victims fracture several bones in one accident, it can have long-lasting effects. This often occurs as a result of car accidents, and can result in severe disability.
- Organ damage: If you have been in a serious accident, you may have suffered damage to your internal organs, which can have lasting effects on your health.
- Paralysis: Serious accidents can often lead to paraplegia (loss of function in the lower extremities) or quadriplegia (loss of function in all four limbs and the torso).
- Burns: The pain and suffering associated with severe burns is catastrophic in itself, and can affect victims for the rest of their lives.
Contact Our Firm
Catastrophic injuries permanently disrupt lives, and we understand that this can be a very difficult and turbulent time for you and your family. The attorneys at Hepworth, Janis, & Kluksdal, are very experienced with the catastrophic injury claims process and can build a compelling case on your behalf, helping you receive the compensation you deserve. Schedule your free consultation today.
Thank you for all that you’ve done for our family. You have been a blessing to us. Don’t know what we would do without you.S.H. & A.O.