Establishing Liability for
If you have been injured by a defective product, you have the ability to hold a manufacturer responsible and perhaps even force a design or manufacturing change. Establishing liability for defective products requires the expertise of the lawyers at Hepworth, Janis, & Kluksdal, CHTD, in Boise, ID.
Although the government tries to regulate product safety, it is people who have been injured by products that have made substantial changes in how products are designed and manufactured. By being willing to take a stand, consumers, through lawsuits, have forced manufacturers to make flame-retardant pajamas for children, better helmets, flame resistant mattresses, safer toys, safer vehicles, guarded punch presses, and safer industrial equipment and tools.
Taking ASR Depuy Hip Implant Cases in Idaho
A defective product under Idaho law is a device or piece of equipment that is unreasonably dangerous to people or property. Defects can occur during the manufacturing process (recently a manufacturer of medical devices was held liable for hip and knee prosthetic devices that were manufactured with an improper oil coating) or they can occur when the product is designed (for example, the Ford Pinto that was improperly designed with the exploding gas tank). Determining whether a product is defective under Idaho law can be a complicated process.
Injured by a Dangerous or Defective Product
If you have been injured by a product, we can:
- Investigate your accident to determine whether a product manufacturer or other party is at fault for your injuries;
- Arrange for highly qualified experts to inspect and test machinery and equipment for defects;
- Arrange for unbiased medical experts to evaluate your injuries and economic losses;
- File suit against the companies and people responsible for your injuries;
- Handle trials and conduct settlement negotiations in an effort to accomplish your goals;
- File a Worker’s Compensation claim if the injury occurred on the job so that you get prompt medical attention and disability benefits;
- File a claim for Social Security Disability benefits if you are not going to be able to return to work within 12 months of your injury;
- Assist you with filing for other public benefits, including Medicaid, public housing and County Assistance.
Unsafe Products – Idaho Products Liability Lawsuits in Boise
Our lawyers are not afraid of the courtroom or fighting big companies to protect the rights of consumers. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle complex product liability cases and have a large network of highly qualified experts to help us present your case. We have the ability to finance cases throughout litigation. If you want to keep unsafe products out of your home and workplace, then you need Hepworth, Janis & Kluksdal, Boise products liability attorneys on your side.
You may want to start your own investigation concerning a defective product. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has a website at www.cpsc.gov where you can research whether a product has been recalled or even report a product defect that you have encountered.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED BY A PRODUCT, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU KEEP THE ITEM IN A SAFE PLACE WHERE IT CANNOT BE DAMAGED. DO NOT PUT THE ITEM IN A TOOL SHED OR GARAGE WHERE WEATHER OR EXTREME TEMPERATURES CAN AFFECT IT. IT CAN BE VERY DIFFICULT TO MAKE A RECOVERY IN CASES WHERE THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN LOST OR SENT TO THE LANDFILL.
If you have been injured by a defective product, consult with an attorney immediately. There are important time limitations on your claim.
Thank you for all that you’ve done for our family. You have been a blessing to us. Don’t know what we would do without you.S.H. & A.O.